What is FBA? Shipping to Amazon FBA and selling without inventory- GoComet
Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service allows third-party vendors to store their products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers while Amazon picks, sorts, packs, ships, keep track of, and handles returns and refunds. As an Amazon FBA seller, you are not responsible for the cost of packaging, handling, or shipping your products. You are assessed an FBA fee to cover these expenses, and this fee is based on the dimensions and weight of your product.
Earnings from Amazon FBA
Most Amazon sellers make at least $1,000 per month in sales, and some super-sellers generate more than $100,000 per month. 50% of Amazon sellers earn between $1,000 and $25k per month, which equates to $12k to $300k in annual sales.
A professional Amazon Seller account costs $39.99, plus additional charges are incurred for each sold item. In order to access Amazon Marketplace, you will also need at least $30 for one special product code.
Shipping to Amazon FBA without an inventory
When a customer purchases your product on Amazon, you can choose to ship it yourself or have Amazon FBA handle it for you. A lot of Amazon sellers combine using Amazon fulfillment with sending their own shipments. You can definitely choose to ship your products on your own, and Amazon will support that as well. This will also imply products that may be seasonal, which may incur huge storage charges, hazardous (sign-in required), or in any other way not appropriate for the Amazon fulfillment center. In cases like these, Amazon FBA allows you to:
- Keep your inventory in stock.
- Use your own packaging or labels.
- Stay profitable on products with tighter margins.
- Offer products that cannot be sold on FBA but can be sold at Amazon.
Shipping to Amazon FBA directly
Selecting the appropriate freight forwarder or carrier is crucial when shipping goods to Amazon FBA centers. When making your decision, keep the following in mind:
- There are fulfillment centers spread out all over the world. Check to see if the freight forwarder/carrier has experience shipping to the nation or area where your fulfillment center is situated.
Check out the overall performance of major freight forwarders across the world.
- It can be challenging to ship goods to Amazon fulfillment centers. Make sure the carrier/ freight forwarder you choose has knowledge of this kind of shipping and can guide you through the procedure.
- For packaging and labeling, Amazon FBA centers have strict guidelines. A freight forwarder/ carrier should be able to offer advice on how to adhere to these requirements, so make sure they can.
- Shipping with a carrier can be expensive, especially if you need to ship large quantities of a product. Shipping with a freight forwarder can be cheaper than shipping with a carrier, especially if you’re shipping large quantities of product.
Compare the freight rates of different carriers/ freight forwarders.
- Tracking your shipment is crucial to giving you peace of mind, knowing that your products are on their way and will arrive safely.
Track your shipments with the free container tracking tool by GoComet.
By taking these factors into account, you can be confident that you will select the ideal freight forwarder for your requirements.
Any seller who wants to be successful on Amazon FBA must prioritize shipping quickly to Amazon warehouses. Make sure you’re taking all the necessary steps to ship your inventory as soon as possible in order to satisfy your customers, prevent lost sales, and maintain your competitiveness. There are a few reasons why it’s important to ship fast:
- Your clients are happy as a result. They will start shopping elsewhere if they notice that you are frequently running out of stock.
- You are shielded from financial loss. You can’t sell anything when you’re out of stock, which means you’re losing out on potential sales and money.
- Maintaining competition is beneficial. If your rivals can ship more quickly than you, they will be able to get their goods in front of customers before you, increasing the likelihood that they will close the deal.
- Your mind is at ease as a result. You can concentrate on other facets of your business without having to worry about running out of stock when you know that your inventory is constantly stocked and prepared.
Depending on your specific requirements, you’ll need to decide between using a carrier or a freight forwarder for your Amazon FBA. Utilizing a carrier may be the best choice for you if you need to get your products to Amazon quickly. Using a freight forwarder, on the other hand, might be a better option if you’re trying to save money on shipping. In order to make the best choice for your company, whatever option you select, make sure you are aware of the advantages and disadvantages.
Get Live Updates of your shipment on WhatsApp.