While TMS software has become popular in the last few years, the recent disruptions in the global supply chain, including the pandemic, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, geopolitical tensions and natural calamities, have made companies fast-track their supply chain automation process.
As supply chain leaders look out for the best solution among the thousand options available, many companies have turned towards cloud-based or SaaS transport solutions for a more predictable and cost-effective way of managing their supply chains.
Since the pandemic and the subsequent supply chain woes, demand for cloud-central SaaS solutions has increased even more –the reason 87% of supply and logistics firms use cloud-based solutions to mitigate risks and save costs.
Choosing a TMS Software? — 4 reasons why you should choose a Cloud-based (SaaS) solution
1. Improved business continuity
Thanks to real-time information sharing, the logistics team can now see what’s happening at every stage of their supply chain journey, so that there is no delay or discrepancy between any two points. Plus, the information collected through every step of a shipment will always be up-to-date and in sync, regardless of where a user accesses it. This improves business continuity by allowing teams to access software from any cloud-connected device.
- The integration of cloud technology with your supply chain journey allows you to monitor all aspects, from requests for shipping timelines and freight forwarding up until delivery.
- Multi-modal end-to-end shipping visibility and real-time access to the global freight rate index guarantee better supply chain returns.
2. Greater ROI
The post-pandemic world is difficult for companies, which have to work with limited budgets while ensuring supply chain efficiency. This has been one of the biggest challenges in this period, where it’s necessary to not only improve logistics strategies but also keep costs low enough, so businesses can continue functioning as usual despite their difficulties during the crisis.
If you’re looking for a way to make your supply chain more affordable, cloud-based logistics systems may be the answer. Cloud providers offer unique pricing models that will allow customers to only pay based on how much they use their services—this means smaller monthly bills without having any upfront costs and costly hardware.
- Integrated payment management functions help to keep costs under control by providing a single window for all financial transactions.
- The concept of transparency in pricing is essential, making it easier for companies to find affordable ways to transform their logistics landscape digitally.
3. Achieve both: Short-term and long-term gains
The use of SaaS technology can provide you with an incredible insight into your current supply chain and how it may affect the success or failure of certain areas in which opportunities exist. Visibility also shows you where you need to improve your logistics strategy so that both short-term and long-term outcomes are improved.
- Custom user portals are a great way to ease the workload on your workforce and provide them with an easy-to-handle interface.
- Cross-device mobility—the ability to have information from any device connected in real-time and bring it together for a seamless experience is essential when you need your supply chain working as one.
- Connected load planning and multi-modal optimization have promoted short-term and long-term freight rates.
4. Achieving customer delight
SaaS solutions can be an excellent way to improve company efficiency, customer relationships and profitability. When you can take the time to assess every part of your supply chain and respond quickly, it will help improve customer relationships and put yourself in a better position for success.
- Tracking orders in real-time on behalf of the customers and increasing your reputation with clients and end-users by making quick adjustments to the supply chain—you are always one step ahead.
- From managing exceptions and challenges down to making delivery schedules happen – a SaaS solution makes the process smoother and faster.
What should you do next?
Start with a cloud-based (SaaS) automation solution that best fits your business needs and requirements. It would be best if you explored an easy-to-use, customizable, multi-modal logistics and transportation solution, which is also highly scalable as and when your business grows.
Get 15 days free trial to our TMS solution
Access to the most reliable sailing schedules, live port delay status, freight rate benchmark and real-time container tracking
Feel free to fix a free walkthrough demo of how GoComet’s solution can help you drive double-digit cost savings in your supply chain while eliminating all the pain points you may currently face due to the lack of automation.