Project44 is a transportation and logistics software company headquartered in Chicago. The following article covers an in-depth product review based on online resources and data from trusted review sites such as G2, Capterra and Trustradius.
An overview of Project 44
The company offers a logistics tracking and analytics platform, supporting freight ETA, pickup and delivery tracking, container tracking, LTL and VLTL, rail tracking, automated shipping document access, and other related features. Project 44 is an ERP solution predominantly used by Fortune 500 companies with high monthly shipment volumes.
Project 44 product portfolio
Project44 has solutions built around Shippers, Logistics Service providers, and carriers in mind. Some of their core products include:
Visibility platform for shipment tracking : Project44 has a track and trace system to get real-time updates and predictive insights of containers across global shipping lines and vessels. The system provides auto-delay alerts for milestones such as delays, discharges, and rollovers.
Dispatch and tender : There is a general workflow to get Ad-hoc and contractual rates from carriers through freight and smart marketplace using multiple bidding scenarios.
Data and analytics : The platform provides data insights on parameters, including port intel and congestion reports for major seaports. The system offers container sailing schedules for various carriers across trade routes. Core dashboard capabilities provided by their visibility platform include predictive arrival data, lane-wise analysis, carrier benchmarking, and custom reports.
Project 44 (vs) other visibility tools
Project 44 is positioned as a supply chain visibility platform in the market. Several major players in the same category provide end-to-end tracking, including companies like FourKites, Descartes, GoComet, SAP Ariba and JDA.
The following feature comparison has been made based on a recent survey by G2 on software buying behaviour. In the report, 93% of buyers indicated that the quality of the implementation process is important, indicating a need for easy deployment that can yield ROI earlier. Our comparison also considers hassle-free onboarding, ease of use, product depth vs deployment speed, customization capabilities, post-deployment support and cost.
Project 44 comparison based on G2 reviews
Project 44 comparison based on Capterra reviews
Project 44 vs competitors – based on product features
|Multimodal capabilities (Ocean, Road, Air and Rail)
|Cross-border and domestic freight visibility
|Predictive ETA using multiple sources (Carrier, AIS and live vessel data)
|Advanced insights into carrier performance
|Workflow and stakeholder collaboration
|Automated shipment tracking from the shipper till the end consignee
|Accurate AI-driven port intel
|Proactive BL upload and auto-tracking
|Smart tracking to track non-traceable shipments
|Freight index for benchmarking real-time freight rates
|Single platform from booking till invoice reconciliation
Project 44 – Pros and Cons
- Advanced visibility capabilities and quality of data owing to the volume of shipments tracked on the platform
- Extensive carrier integrations
- Robust API integration
- Lengthy deployment cycle and requires efforts for automated onboarding
- Limited customisation – Have to bear the entire product cost even though many features may never be required or used by the company.
- Getting used to the UI requires time and effort
- Difficulty in getting real-time visibility alerts
- Longer TAT for getting issues resolved through the support team
(Source: G2, Capterra and Trust Radius)
- It would be best to explore an easy-to-use, customizable, multimodal solution, which is also highly scalable as and when your business grows. Not to mention, such SaaS solutions are the easiest to deploy, hardly require any training to start using, and are highly intuitive.
- Do not choose a heavy ERP solution and bear the full costs if your requirements are different and minimum. Choose a solution that best suits your shipment volume and everyday operations. Affordable solutions make it easier for medium and smaller companies to optimize their supply chain efficiencies cost-effectively.
- Choose a provider who can give a proactive customer support team and has the quickest response in case of any issues.
- Always choose a solution after trying it out for a free trial period.
Feel free to fix a free walkthrough demo of how GoComet’s solution can help you drive double-digit cost savings in your supply chain while eliminating all the pain points you may currently face due to the lack of automation. You can also start with our free 15-day trial version.
Disclaimer: The above review is collated based on the information obtained from the websites of each company, and top and credible software review sites such as G2, Capterra and Trust Radius. Information could change over time based on these companies adding new features to their product portfolio. We recommend you consider this factor while making your decision.